Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Favorite Model

One of the perks of my job here as photographer is the opportunity to work with some beautiful brides and some lovely models. It's easy to take a good photograph of a beautiful being, so it's just natural that my favorite model would be my pooch, Snoop.

She's been used to being in front of a camera since we first got together in Y2K. Even then she was a natural, although my photo skills were far from great at that point...


Here's a shot of a meeting she and I were having in 2006 when we'd just bought this place and wondering exactly what to do with it. You can tell she had a vision.


Although she's a little hesitant at times to share the spotlight, she's usually a good sport about it.


But her mission is to always be in front of the lens, just a natural camera hog, as almost every bride who's been here can tell you.

One of my favorite glamor shots...


But the problem today is my favorite model is missing, and has been for two days now. Even though we know that the viewers of our blog typically live far from Bluff Mountain, I can only hope that some are in this area and would help us in our search. If you live or know someone who lives in the vicinity of Bluff Mountain, Walden Creek, Goose Gap (in Sevier Co. TN), please forward a link to this blog, and if anyone has seen Snoop, please contact us at 865.908.0321 or email us: info@bluffmountaininn.com. Posters are all over the mountain and we search constantly, but we need all the help we can to get our Snoop back home where she belongs.



UPDATE! Please visit www.findsnoop.com

We appreciate all the support from our friends. Thank you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh . . . that's so sad! I was enjoying the blog post and reading it and smiling about it, until I came to the end. I feel so sad for you guys! I hope she comes home or that someone calls to say they found her.

Abigail said...

I saw this yesterday and it just broke my heart. I, like Sondra, was enjoying the story - until I came to the end. I know too well what it is like to have a missing pet. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope that Snoop finds her way home safe and sound.

Rick King said...

Thanks for your comments. We really appreciate all the support we've had and keep looking daily. So many people know and love that little pooch and we have an army on the lookout. thanks again...rick

Unknown said...

Tim and I are saying prayers that Snoop will be reunited with you soon!!! I forwarded to as many people as I know there, I hope that will help.

Chexx said...

I was forwarded your findsnoop website by my Dogster group, Snoop Dog Beagleys LLC. I fell in love with Snoops beautiful eyes! I offer my prayers that your pup will be found safe and sound and returned to your loving arms.

Baby Jane said...

I'm heartbroken for you...I've got a Yorkie/Jack Russell mix, and I know how wonderful even a "half" can be. I'll pray for his safe return.

Becca said...

I saw your story on the news last night. Being the owner of two JRT's I understand your pain. My heart breaks for you, I wish for a safe and fast return of Snoop.

vclabough said...

I to am a previous owner of a JRT. Our Princess (who looked alot like Snoop) was taken from us on July 28th by a speeding motorist. I know the pain your feeling. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and hope that Snoop finds her way home safe and sound

Diane said...

I have 3 JRT's and I can't imagine losing any one of them! I hope & pray that you find her soon & shes safe and sound. It makes me so angry to think that someone would possibly find a dog & not try to find out who it belongs to. But sadly, in the world we live in, it happens. Good luck!

Abigail said...

I keep checking the blog and the findsnoop site daily to keep updated on the situation. My heart aches for you. I just want to let you know that your story has touched many people and we are all thinking about Snoop. My friends and family here in Illinois are praying for her safe return. I'm looking forward to my wedding on September 20th at Bluff Mountain and I hope that Snoop will be there to celebrate with us!
-Abby